skip to main |
skip to sidebar

Today's Topic: Children's rooms
I did not want Emmy's room to be traditional colors, so I fell in love when I came across Glenna Jean's McKenzie Bedding. I was able to buy only the pieces I wanted from a bedding website to save money.
I took the bedding to Home Depot and had them color match the light green, red, black, and darker green. I painted the walls the lighter green and used the other colors for the flowers. To paint the flowers on the wall, I copied the bedding onto overhead paper and used an overhead to project the flower on the wall. I had two family members help me and woolaa! I was surprised when they turned out to actually look like flowers! I am no where near an artist, and was so excited that it all matched the bedding so well!
I have her initials on the wall with a picture frame flower next to them. I made these by getting a flower and hot glueing it to the center of the picture frame. I got the idea on some decorating website, and it turned out really good and was super easy and cheap.
These two pictures were drawn by someone the hubs used to work with. We gave her the throw, and she drew these with colored pencils! We just framed them with Hobby Lobby 50% off frames.
This is shelving we got from IKEA. The two pictures shown above hang on this wall.
I love how Emmy's room turned out!
Now, for Maddox's room. It is nowhere near finished, but the basics are here. It normally takes me forever to finish a room because I am awful at making decisions!
The bedding is CoCaLo Couture Bali. This was as cutsie as the hubs would let me get : )I will post updates as this room comes along!
Question: Does anyone know how I can comment back to a comment left on my page without doing it like anyone else, so it looks different?
12 comments:
awe! what a sweet sweet room for a little one!! how precious!!
I am in love with this room - you did an amazing job!!
Those flowers are FANTASTIC!
Cute room! I love seeing something outside the box- you did a great job!
What fun rooms! Love them both!
Very cute rooms! And I have a Maddox too, how neat!
Looks great! What a ton of work! I am loving that antique wardroom-beautiful!!!
Cute room! I'm in the process of setting ours up for our new bundle of joy! Following you from Friday's Blog Hop. Come visit me at www.lifewiththechambs.blogspot.com
Have a nice day!
I love the babys room! Super cute...
I'm your newest follower from the hop. Stop by sometime & check us out. Be sure to join the HOP on Monday!
Have a great weekend,
Melly-
http://www.beckhamadbloom.com
Beautiful room! I adore those colors!
http://camachohouse.blogspot.com/
This is completely great! Love the wall decals! Now your newest follower!
i love both rooms! i especially like how your daughter's isn't just PINK. :) love the bright colors.
Post a Comment