"I've got a tight grip on reality
But I can't let go of what's in front of me here."
There will always be things we don't understand. This is not something I deal well with. I know suffering and loss are inevitable, but I am still left with many questions as to what extent that really needs to go to. One of our family friends, Brandon, was diagnosed with stage IV Lymphoblastic Lymphoma a few months ago. He is my brother's age, and I have always thought of him as a second brother. He is in his early twenties with so much life to live. He is a wonderful person, and just doesn't deserve this. I know there are few people that would, but why is it that this can't be happening to them?! I know that may sound silly, but it doesn't make logical sense to me. What he has to go through on a daily basis is more than heartbreaking. I hate to use the word fair, but it's just not fair. I shouldn't be getting the pleasure of watching Emmy give Maddox a kiss, while he is painfully receiving chemo treatments and hearing test after test results bringing negative news. His most recent PET scan results show no significant improvement in the cancer, and an increase of cancer cells in some areas. He is losing the ability to care for himself and is having increased debilitating symptoms. I feel angry for him. Angry that he is having to go through this, angry that he is so young, and most of all, angry that things are only getting worse.







1 comments:
I am so sorry for what your friend is going through.
Post a Comment