We had Maddox's 2 month appointment today. He weighs 13.1 pounds (80%) and is 22 1/4 inches long (25 %). He is gaining weight like crazy! I am thinking this will level out soon. We will see...
The doctor wants us to start exercises for Torticollis (tightness in neck muscles, limiting neck movement). We also did this for Emmy, and she came close to needing a helmet. Hopefully, we can fix this before his head flattens.
I am having trouble getting him to stay on his stomach for tummy time, so I decided to get a tummy time play mat to see if that will help.
I am having trouble getting him to stay on his stomach for tummy time, so I decided to get a tummy time play mat to see if that will help.
We spoke about him now being on a diuretic and how I am seeing his stomach/chest suck in with each breath. This is normal for cardiac patients. If it gets worse, his medicine will be increased.
He is only sleeping in his bouncer (naps and night) because he immediately wakes up when we lay him flat and won't go back to sleep. I originally thought this could be reflux, but the signs don't seem to be there. I knew the doctor would say to slowly start sleep training, but I asked about it anyway. Surprisingly, he said to start sleep training. I HATE this and could barely handle it with Emmy. I was successful with tips from the book,
The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems
Overall, the appointment went well and we go back at 4 months.
Since I couldn't reward him for being such a good patient with 3 shots, I rewarded myself : )
He is only sleeping in his bouncer (naps and night) because he immediately wakes up when we lay him flat and won't go back to sleep. I originally thought this could be reflux, but the signs don't seem to be there. I knew the doctor would say to slowly start sleep training, but I asked about it anyway. Surprisingly, he said to start sleep training. I HATE this and could barely handle it with Emmy. I was successful with tips from the book,
The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems
Overall, the appointment went well and we go back at 4 months.
Since I couldn't reward him for being such a good patient with 3 shots, I rewarded myself : )










1 comments:
Happy Friday to you and your family! Hope you are enjoying the beautiful autumn weather!
Following you now from Boost My Blog Friday. Please follow me back!
http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment