Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Before it all began- First of a new blog venture





 Before becoming a mother, you don't really have a clue what the new job title is going to encompass. During pregnancy, you read books, watch TV shows, and closely observe other mothers to feel "ready" for your little bundle of joy. But the truth is, nothing can prepare you for what will soon take place. I thought I knew what it would be like to hold my baby, see their first smile, and rock them to sleep. I smiled as I thought about my future roll as a mother, but little did I know how much it would truly change my perception on life. I knew I couldn't wait to hold her for the first time, but I didn't realize that when I did wrap my arms around her tiny body, that I would feel emotional, empowered, anxious, and scared. 




From then on, the monotonous Mondays were exchanged for enchanting observations of my very own baby. 
Each day brings with it something new and exciting, something thought provoking, and something challenging. 




Now having two is twice the emotional excitement bringing with it traces of fear. You worry about so much as a mother. Things you never thought about before. Things you could never understand until now. 




You tend to lose the focus on yourself and shift it towards your children. Not that I don't love talk of eye shadow and high heels, but it just doesn't excite me the same as first words and nursery decor. Some may say this is losing a part of you, but I would argue it's gaining a part you hadn't previously known existed. A part that, until now, was quieted and unexplored.









Side Note: Even though it is what I do mostly on my blog, I am not much of a story teller. I enjoy (and am better at) writing about what I think about things. I have decided to add to my blog my random thoughts about life. I haven't given it a title because I am not sure yet where I want to go with it. I am thinking I will do posts of life in general and then life lessons directed to my kids. This will soon have a title and probably come once a week.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails