Monday, September 27, 2010

6 Week Cardiologist Appointment


We had a visit with our Cardiologist today. We will call him McHeart ( I will admit, he is a very good looking man, but I have chosen to be appropriate with the name : ) ).Our last visit was 4 weeks ago, so I was eager to see how his heart looked after some growth. I was shocked when they said he weighed 11 pounds 8 ounces! He has gained almost 2 pounds since his 1 month check-up two weeks ago. Ok, maybe I am not THAT surprised considering I am up every 2 hours feeding him!


The only test done today was an echocardiogram. I wondered how he would do during this because he needs to stay fairly still. I fed him a little while they did the test, so he stayed pretty calm. 



After the echo, we were seen by McHeart and got good news. His heart is growing in normal range and nothing had changed since the last visit. I spoke with the doctor about things I had been seeing. For example, he stops to breathe frequently while taking a bottle. This is caused my fluid build up in the lungs due to extra pressure in the left ventricle. The doctor decided to try a diuretic to flush out the excess fluid. We may not see much of an improvement, or it could help him to be more comfortable during feedings. We go back in 6 weeks and hopefully get similar news! 

I know it is extremely hard to see the pictures, but all I had with me was my phone. I LOVE my camera but it is too big to always keep with me. 
Photobucket

1 comments:

Alyson said...

So glad for the good news! I love the hat, by the way. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails