Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Zoo and Park and Dance OH MY!


We went to the zoo last week with           friends.

We hadn't been to the zoo in a while, so we were all excited to go. Unfortunately, I don't have the best track record of being prepared in these situations. You'd think I'd have this down by now, but somehow I just don't. I always forget something essential either leaving us in a frenzy distraught without our missing necessity or spending an extra $1,000 on something like sunscreen : ). For this little outing I was determined to be prepared. Emmy helped me prepare the night before and the trip was such a success with our well thought out planning. 

It wasn't too hot, so walking around was manageable. The kids loved riding and walking up to each animal. 

We tried to eat outside but got attacked by flies. Eating indoors was much more comfortable! 

After the zoo, Emmy had her first dance class. It's a combo class with only a few girls. She loves it. She tries so hard to imitate the teacher and wants to keep practicing at home. They have a one way mirror/window we can watch through. I love getting to spy on her in this new element. 



We went to Klyde Warren Park this Tuesday. And this is where my lack of planning edges it's way back in so gloriously. 

We got to the park around 10:00 and it was already unbearably hot. It took me about 5 minutes to realize I didn't bring sunscreen. I was hopeful there would be shade and maybe we could play the majority of our time under a tree. No such luck. The only shaded area was about 10ft long shading a few tables, and we had no plans to eat in the near future. At this time, Maddox started to get nervous because I had also forgotten his hat. And since I've done such a fabulous job telling him he HAS to have sunscreen or a hat on when he is outside, he wasn't buying my declaration that he would be fine just this once. So we ended up sweating through the first hour only to realize I'd forgotten something else. Bathing suits! Who knew there would be countless spray areas for them to run through. So I did what any flawed mother would, let them get wet with the only pair of clothes they had. I did attempt to kindly ask them to try not to get soaked, but that was not successful. One of our friends came to play and shared her sunscreen with us. Thank goodness! So it ended up working out and the kids had a great time. 




















0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails