Sunday, February 5, 2012

This and That

We had a day off on Friday and did lots of fun things.

In this video you will see a dramatic interpretation of our favorite book, Today I Feel Silly: And Other Moods That Make My Day by: Jamie Lee Curtis, and a fabulous light show!



Maddox is reading,That's not my tractor.... by: Fiona Watt.
I love the That's not my_____.... books. 
They are all touchy-feely board books and introduce great adjectives. 


Emmy's Angry face while reading. 


Emmy with her Tag Junior, which I really like for interactive reading. 
Which reminds me, I need to get more books for this!


After lots of fun with books, we moved on to coloring. Maddox is really into coloring and has finally gotten past the stage of eating the crayons : )

After coloring, we all worked together to peel off the paper of our crayons to make crayon hearts! 
Maddox is helping by stirring the crayons. 


The kids loved coloring with them once they were cooled off. 




Through Pinterest, I was introduced to an amazing blog, 100daysofrealfood. I am constantly trying to help our family eat more  "real food", but life get busy and convenience tends to overpower health. This blog has some super simple and yummy ideas for eating cleaner food. We tried the fruit smoothie and it was delicious. 




Maddox LOVED it, and Emmy ended up liking hers better after it had been frozen (so it was closer to a popsicle : ) )

We have banana pancakes, chicken enchiladas, peanut butter smoothies, and a pasta still to cook for the week! 


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails