I have not participated in Not Me! Monday for quite a while. I thought it would be fun to join in today!

I am not at all excited about not being pregnant anymore. No! I loved the back pain, too big to move belly, and extreme tiredness. I do not walk around with a smile on my face after getting MYSELF off the floor with ease. There is no way I get excited about putting lotion on my feet without having to do some strange balancing act. Who would care about feet in a time like this. I would never have an extra cup of coffee in the morning just because I can. Nope! I practice self control and am very good at delayed gratification. I never thought about any of this stuff when I was pregnant. I was too overwhelmed with joy to care. I did not have the "done this before" attitude. No way! I savored every moment. I did not dream about a glass of wine and going for a long run. Most of all, I definitely had the "longer the baby cooks the better" mind set. After I read the baby is developed at 37 weeks, I did not do everything I could think of to hope to meet my little one sooner than 40 weeks. Nope! I would much rather hold my baby in my belly than my arms.
Thankfully, God agreed and I got to put an end to pregnancy and welcome Maddox into the world at 38 weeks!
Thankfully, God agreed and I got to put an end to pregnancy and welcome Maddox into the world at 38 weeks!






2 comments:
Hi! I stumbled upon your blog while randomly reading some "not me monday" posts.
Congrats on your new baby! I have a 4 year old girl, 8 month boy, and am pregnant with our 3rd. :)
I hope all is well with your baby boy, I read some previous posts about his heart condition/procedure.
Awww! I miss you!! You crack me up with your "Not Me" posts! lol I'm at home b/c Levi was running fever and vomiting so I had to get him from the sitters!! Whew! I love reading your blog by the way I just can't seem to do mine! Anyway, let me know if y'all need anything!! Love ya!!!
Post a Comment