Monday, October 10, 2011

A lot of catching up to do.... Maddox's First Birthday

I haven't written a blog in so long, it became too overwhelming to get started on all of the catching up! I finally decided I would get over my fear and just get started again! haha

Where to start? I left off right before Maddox turned ONE YEAR! A pretty significant thing to leave out, so we will start there. Of course, his one year weight and height stats are in my classroom (not really sure why), so I will have to repost with that info. 


Maddox turned ONE on August 11th. We decided to have a park party. I was worried it would be too hot, but it ended up being breezy and not bad. 


Maddox loved his party and got lot's of fun stuff!



I was a little (okay.. maybe a lot) bummed that I didn't get to use any of my decorations. It was so windy, everything just blew off the tables. When I was trying to set up and realized I was going to have to leave out the decorations, I wanted to just cancel it right then. BUT I figured that might make me some kind of momzilla, so I chose to just suck it up. 
Here is what I had planned on using:

 silverware container and napkin holders
 cupcake toppers
 first year banner


 food/drink labels
 Birthday Banner



I didn't get to use ANY of it, so I am still pretty bitter! 


Maddox didn't seem to notice, and he loved playing outside and in the cupcake! : )

Now that Maddox is 13 months, not much has changed with his monthly information. He is wearing 18 month clothes and size 4 diaper. 

He started walking a little after his first birthday, and now is constantly running away from me. His three favorites are the toilet, trashcan, and bathtub. It is amazing how many times he tries to sprint to each one every day. He tries to get stuff out of the trash, put treasures in the toilet, and get himself in the bath. I can not turn my head for one second! 

He is still constantly getting hurt. Thankfully, nothing worse than a busted lip. 

Sleep is still a nightmare. I am actually trying to work on getting him to stay in his bed all night, but it is a STRUGGLE. He just wants to cuddle! I have thought about getting some bed rails for my bed so he will be safe in it! haha, Brandon would just love that! 

He is the sweetest thing! He LOVES to give kisses and hugs. I used to get most of them, but now they ALL go to Emmy. 

He is our little bundle of joy!

Emmy at 13 months
I think they look alike here! 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails