I thought I would be great at blogging during the summer, but I seemed to have underestimated the chaos of two little ones!
So, I will try to do the month of June to get caught up.
Our summer started with a week of fun.
We ran errands.
I love how they can sit next to each other at Costco, and I just love Costco.
We have become frequent summer shoppers!
We visited our library.
Once a week, they have toddler story time with an activity. Emmy loved the story time and just walking around the library.
She was not happy about leaving and anytime I mention a library, she says, "Emmy library" in a whine that means she wants to go NOW : )
On June 11th, Emmy came down with Strep Throat. We got her in to an after hour pediatric clinic and started meds immediately. She felt VERY bad for a couple of days and then it lingered for the rest of the week. We were very luck Maddox didn't get it!
We had lots of Popsicles. If you look close you will see 3 pacifiers on the table. She has now started to keep all three with her at all times. Ooooo this will not be fun to break!
We watched these over and over during this week. By the end of the week, Emmy would just walk around saying, "no home". We were ALL bored!
The week of June 20th was a fun week!
We had a play date with a friend.
Emmy loves playing with other kids and just watching them.
Maddox loved having new things to chew on : )
We also went to the Dallas World Aquarium.
Emmy LOVED it! Papaw went with us, and we all had a great time. Maddox only stayed in the stroller for about 30 minutes, and then I just held him through the rest. I video taped through most of it, and we like to watch it back on the TV.
We got a fun flash light and magnetic fish to play with!
The week of June 27th was super busy!
Brandon went out of town to NYC on business, and I made sure our days were filled to pass the time. It is NOT easy without daddy around, and we were very happy to have him back. We stay very routine especially for bed time. Emmy is always put to bed by daddy. They watch Mother Goose You Tube videos on his computer and then she lays down. She loves this routine. She will say, "It's night night time again. Work computer with daddy." So, when he was out of town, she was NOT happy. When I asked her if she was mad, so said, "NO! I'm sad" and then would not talk about it for the rest of the time : (
Luckily we had fun things planned! We had a visitor every night, and the kids loved playing with someone new.
On Wednesday, my parents took us to the Great Wolf Lodge. We all had a blast! That will get a separate post coming soon!
We came home late Thursday and were reunited with daddy!!!
We told him all about our trip and he showed us pictures of his!
Late Thursday night, Emmy woke up throwing up. She didn't throw up many times, but it kept her felling down for about 2 days.
Me and Brandon were able to go out for out 4 year anniversary, which was great to have some time just us!
Then of course, Maddox got the stomach bug. He only threw up a couple of times, and was back to normal after 24 hours!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment