We went to the Great Wolfe Lodge for a mini vacation when Brandon was out of town.
My parents took us, and we are so thankful! It was a blast!
We got checked in and into a room around 1pm on Wednesday, June 29th. We got ready for the water and down we went to the indoor water park.
I loved that it was indoors and that I didn't have to worry about sunscreen and sunburns.
The indoor kids section is perfect for toddlers! The water level is so low, that it helped Emmy feel comfortable. She was initially pretty reserved about doing anything on her own.
She does not like to get her face wet, and she didn't want to do anything that might cause that to happen. Once she realized the water was so low and she could just stand up to get her face out, she felt much more in control. We ended up putting a life jacket on her, which also helped to keep her head above water.
She would say, "Momma look! I'm swimming"
I was a little worried how Maddox would do, because I couldn't just let him crawl everywhere. But, he actually did really well. He loved to splash the water and sit and play with Papaw.
They had two slides in the toddler area. I was worried about her going on them because I knew she would get her face wet. We started with the yellow slide because it is the simplest of the two. I helped her get started then Papaw would catch her. She did end up getting her face wet, but it showed her that getting her face wet wasn't so bad. After a few times of help on the yellow, she wanted to do it all by herself. She even got very brave and went on her tummy!
Once she was a pro at the yellow slide, it was on to the blue.
The blue slide is much more adventurous. It's turns you from side to side and gets you in the water more. But since Emmy now had so much slide experience, she loved it : )
We went up to our room at 5 and got ready for dinner.
Dinner was at The Rainforest Cafe and was so much fun!
Emmy did not know about the Gorillas and all of their noises. She felt better once she was able to touch them. Maddox enjoyed looking around and eating.
Emmy fell asleep on the way back, so we just put her straight down in bed. She did great and slept until about 6 the next morning.
Maddox was not so easy! He was up every hour, and my dad finally took him down to the lobby about 3am so some of us could sleep!
The next morning we left the resort for breakfast.
We started back at the pool right at 9 and played until it was time to go.
EVERY day Emmy says she wants to go back to water slide day : )





















1 comments:
SO fun!!! I always hear the commercials... "Goin to the lodge..", but I've never been!
Post a Comment