I love so much about our family.
I love that we all play together every night in Emmy's room before bed. We play with the kitchen and read books. It is our wind-down time, and I love how sweet it is.
I love that if Maddox is screaming in the car we will all break out in song to calm him down. I am normally making up something with all of our names and everyone else just chimes in.
I love that we do so much all four of us. We both work, so we don't have a lot of time as a family. I really feel like we make the best of it when we are all home. We are always playing with the kids and saving the "extras" for when they go to bed.
I know this type of family structure would not exist if it weren't for me and my husband's relationship. Through all of the years. all of the mistakes, all of the heartbreak, we have ended up with this amazing relationship. One that our kids will see as a model. One that will teach our kids what a positive relationship should look like.
I feel extremely lucky to share in this type of family. One that contributes to teamwork at it's core. I feel like we tag-team everything down to diapers, and I think that's how we survive. It is NOT easy with two little ones running around. The focus is taken off your marriage and on the kids. They need your help to do even the smallest things; eat a meal, pour a drink, hold their hand when they are too scared to go to sleep on their own. But, I know our relationship can handle it. I hear my husband read a book to my daughter at bedtime or entertain Maddox with a song, and I melt.
The man I married has turned in to a daddy and an amazing one at that.
You never know the type of dad your husband will be. You think you do when you talk about how you will raise your kids someday, and what their names may be. You pray he will be the type of dad you had (well at least I did). One that will play with you and never be too much of a "man" to show his little girl he loves her. But, you are never really SURE until you have a little one of your own. It is an experience you can't role-play or feel acquainted with through movies. You have to experience it to know how you would react.
I know I am a lucky mommy and wife to get to share in this wonderful marriage and family.








0 comments:
Post a Comment