Friday, April 8, 2011

8 Months Old and a Visit to the Cardiologist


Maddox you are 8 months old (will be Monday)! I really can't believe it! That just seems sooo close to the big ONE! 
You are just too adorable! I mean look at that picture! You already know how to pose! 

You have a pretty laid-back personality unless you really want something, and you want it your way RIGHT then. 

You LOVE to be held. You will play on your own, but not for long. Mommy has a permanent baby hip that has been formed to snugly rest you and your big sister.  



You HATE the car, and I do mean HATE! I thought since Emmy hated the car, you wouldn't mind it. Boy, was I wrong! If you are not asleep, you SCREAM the whole way. We have a 40min drive in the morning and afternoon, so that feels like a veerryy long time when you are screaming. It does help if we sing, so Mommy tries to come up with something to ease the torture. Emmy will tell you, "Maauux its ookkaay"!


You are wearing some size 9, but mostly size 12 month clothes. You are still in size 4 diapers. Such a big boy! 
You are 29 3/4 inches and 21 pounds 2 ounces. 

We have gotten you sleeping better. I reluctantly did cry it out. I have always been so against it, but decided to give it a try. It was pretty much just a move of desperation, and it actually worked! I just had to keep myself busy with showers and running around the house : ). The first night, you cried 45 minutes before falling asleep. I went in to give you your pacifier, and it only made you more mad when I left. The second night, I did not go in, and it took 30 minutes. The third night was only 15, and the fourth was down to 7. You are still not sleeping through the night, but it is MUCH better, and you are no longer in our room. Part of me is a little sad, but I know it is best for me and you. My last little baby cuddling next to me : ( 


You are eating 3 good meals of veggies/fruit and cereal. I have not found anything you don't like! You eat 5 ounces every 4 hours and still a little during the night. We are working on weaning off this. 



You LOVE to give kisses. You will give me tons of kisses when I pick you up, and I just love it!


We had a great visit to the Cardiologist! He said your heart is the most stable it has been, and he doesn't think there will be any problems in the near future. We do not have to go back for four months, which will be our longest stretch! I will still give you the diuretic for your comfort, but the dosage is not going up due to your weight. I have concerns about you getting easily winded as you start to get more active, but the doctor doesn't think we will notice many side-effects. I hope he is right! Great news for the 8 month check-up! 



Emmy at 8 months

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails