Thursday, May 1, 2014

Updates




It has been far too long since I've blogged, so I decided I should give it another go. Not really sure where to start since the last time I blogged was October. I'm going to mostly start with what's going on right now with a little individual family update. 

The Daddy
He is doing really well at his job, but is having to travel a lot more. I'm not a huge fan of this, but I must say I've become a pro at holding down the fort. : )

The Mommy
I am LOVING my new school and enjoy going to work every day. Emmy will be going to school with me next year, and we are both so excited. I did recently have to give up caffeine and seeing as it makes up half the title, it's evident how important it was to me. Shockingly, I feel much better now without it. Who woulda guessed something so crazy?! 


The Daughter 

Emmy just turned 5 and is growing in to such an amazing little girl. She will start Kindergarten in the fall and is so excited. She is always telling me she loves school and loves to learn. We just had her 5 year check-up and she is still holding strong at 95% for height and dropped to 85% for weight. She is very sweet and cares so much about other people's feelings. She's gotten much better at sleeping, but when she has a night with little sleep we call her "no sleep Emmy" and a personality comes out of that girl even I am scared of. 


The Son 

Maddox is a silly, wild, and incredibly sweet three year old. He tells me he loves me and kisses me on the hand a million times a day. He has an abundance of energy that never seems to run out. He plays baseball and soccer with any household item he can find. We will be putting him in baseball now that we have the cardiologists approval. We recently went to the cardiologist for his twice/year check-up and found out he will have his first Aortic Valve Replacement in the next couple years. They will use the Ross Procedure where they replace the Aortic Valve with the Pulmonary Valve and use a donor tissue valve to replace the Pulmonary Valve. I'm already nervous about it, but trust he will be ok. 

1 comments:

mlzhuff said...

Thank you for posting. We often wonder how you and your family are doing and how things are going with Maddox. For some reason I always forget to come to your blog but it popped up on me this morning and I'm glad that I took the time to read it. Miss seeing you around McKenzie Elementary and Alyssa says Hi!

Related Posts with Thumbnails