Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Save a Place For Me

Brandon passed away this afternoon.
 It breaks my heart what he had to go through, but I am resting on words a friend shared, "He must have been a special guy to be brought home for Jesus' birthday", and that he was. He was an amazing man with a gentle and laid back personality. He took nothing for granted and enjoyed life's simplest pleasures. I feel honored to have known him and gotten to be a part of his life. 

Brandon, you are an inspiration to me, and I will always remember you and the memories we share. You have taught me many things, and I am a much better person for it.  My family will keep you in our hearts and thoughts always. Get heaven broken in and ready for us all! Set up shop somewhere close to a court and get ready for us to all trickle in to our one true home. 


Don't be mad if I cry
It just hurts so bad sometimes
'Cause everyday it's sinking in
And I have to say goodbye all over again

You know I bet it feels good to have the weight of this world
Off your shoulders now
I'm dreaming of the day
when I'm finally there with you

Save a place for me
Save a place for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon
Save a place for me
Save some grace for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon
I have asked the question why
But I guess the answer's for another time
So instead I'll pray 
with every tear
And be thankful for the time I had you here
And I wanna live my life 
just like you did
Make the most of my time 
just like you did
And I wanna make my home up in the sky
Just like you did
Oh, but until I get there
Until I get there

"Save a Place for Me" by Matthew West:

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails