Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Off to Disney World

We just got back from an amazing trip to Disney World and Clearwater Beach. We had too much fun for one post, so I'm going to break it down into many! 

First up- Plane Ride

We took off to Orlando from Dallas on a 1:00 flight. We had a busy morning with dropping Rosie off at doggie boarding, last pieces of packing, and getting ready. We were all excited to get going!




We got to the airport with plenty of time to eat





and watch the planes.




This was the kids first time on a plane. The plane ride wasn't long so I wasn't too worried about keeping them busy. 



Maddox would look out the window and say, "You know I'm afraid of heights". 
Which no, I didn't know that. 
But luckily, he wasn't too scared and was fine as long as he kept busy.  





They did pretty good on the way there (different story on the way home). 
Since we were traveling with Make-A-Wish, we got to meet the pilots and they even let Emmy and Maddox play with all of the buttons! They LOVED it! 








The way home the kids had a "been there, done that" kinda vibe goin on! They did great at the airport (considering Brandon insisted on getting there HOURS early), but the plane ride was a little too boring for their taste. ; )






Please notice, Brandon had the brilliant idea of me sitting between the kids and him on the other side of the aisle.... 
Why is he the one with the headphones?!?



"Maddox, please leave them alone"
"Maddox, please leave them alone."
"Maddox, please leave them alone."



This is what I call "the mom tray". Somehow, every one's drinks ended up on my tray. And yes, that was my beer. I get dizzy, nauseous, and nervous on planes. I thought, maybe a beer would help. 
It didn't. 




I have to say, I prefer car trips over plane trips. You don't have to worry that your child is bothering someone else, you can take your child to potty in a much larger space, 
and (most importantly) your not 35,000 feet in the air. 






0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails