Maddox turned 4 on August 11th. We don't have his check-up for a few more weeks, but he is about 48 pounds. He wears 4t tops and bottoms and a size 11 shoe.
He is definetly "all boy". He loves to wrestle, be a superhero, play fight, run, jump, and climb. He is constantly hurting himself, and gets right back up to do it again!
He has such a sweet heart. He loves to hug and kiss. If he thinks he's hurt you or your feelings, he kisses you until your better.
He started Pre-k last week. He never wants to go and gets upset each morning when I have to leave : (. Thankfully, he's always happy when I pick him up and says he's had a great day. I think it's just from coming off of the summer and being with me so much. They didn't go to any kind of camps this summer and were with me EVERY day, so it's been hard for him to adjust. He just loves his momma : ). I'm the only one that can do pretty much anything for him. Daddy and Emmy both try to help, but no one can do it quite like mommy.
Sleep has pretty much been an issue since he got a big boy bed. He SCREAMS unless I am laying beside him and hold his hand. We are trying to wean him off of that now. So hopefully he's sleeping on his own soon.
He is full of questions! When all is quiet and he's trying to go to sleep the questions come out. We will be silently laying down and then he will randomly ask a question like one of these:
How is food in my stomach? How does it fit? How does it get there?
How does water get in a water tower?
What are icicles? How do they get places?
Will sharks bite a jet ski?
When their is a baby in your tummy, how do they eat?
I know God doesn't pick everything, some things just happen like me wanting to watch My Big Big Friend.
If I can't give him a really good answer and he still doesn't understand, he gets very upset with me.
I love that he is so inquisitive!
It does sometimes cause a problem though. If we are out and about he almost always finds something he needs to ask someone, and it's never just one question. He wants to know why girls are laying out at the pool, why their bathing suit looks like a bra, why the zoo helper is feeding the giraffe lettuce, how he's going to get him the lettuce, and on and on and on EVERYWHERE we go. Most people are nice and answer all of his questions. : )
We had a cardiologist appoint in April and his heart condition had pretty much stayed the same. We did find out he will have his first Aortic Valve Replacement using the Ross Procedure in the next couple years. He said it wouldn't be an emergency situation and we will get to plan it out in advance together. I have tried to research it some, and it just makes me more nervous. I'm definitely not ready for it yet, but I'm sure I'll never be.
Happy 4th Birthday Maddox! We love you to the moon and back!















0 comments:
Post a Comment