Thursday, April 8, 2010

14 Months Old

Emmy is now 14 months old! It is hard to believe she has already passed up the big one year birthday! It is so fun to watch her grow and learn. She understands most of what we say now, and I love telling her things to bring me and see her actually bring me the right thing! It is such a gift to be able to see them pass through all of their milestones. I probably get a little too excited to see her do each new thing. At bedtime, she will take her brush and brush her hair with it. Each time, I think it is the cutest thing I have ever seen! It is amazing all of the little joys you get to experience with your child. 

Emmy's  happenings at 14 months:

Food: She eats all table food. For the most part, she is a very good eater and gets excited any time she knows she is about to eat. Her favorites are maccarroni and cheese, peas, and any fruit. She also LOVES cake, which she has only had a few times.

Play: She loves her little car. She likes to use it as a walker and walk it around the house. When she does this, she thinks she is such a big girl! She loves putting things in containers, playing with books, and playing anything with mommy and daddy. Emmy is not walking, but is now constantly standing by herself. I know she will walk in HER time ( I also know this has nothing to do with how often I hold her : ) ). 


Talk: We are still only really saying momma and daaaaad : ) She now follows after me saying "mooooommmuuuu" It is the cutest thing, but it usually means she needs something (mostly to be held). Emmy still LOVES to be held at all times. I am soaking this up, knowing I don't have much time left in this stage. 

 Some of my favorite things Emmy does: I will say "momma needs a hug" and she will either lay down where she is or come hold me and say "awwwww". She does the cutest nose scrunch, especially when she isn't sure about something or wants our approval. She gets so excited when daddy walks through the door, big smiles and clapping. 


Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails